A Wedding Story PT 2...The Honeymoon

Written by Chad Potier
July11, 2010

Our first morning as husband and wife began as most of my mornings do, with a phone call from @jersymikejr. He called to wish us well and talk some baseball. After we got the car loaded up, we headed down I-95 for Florida (isn't that a line from a Buffett song?). We made the 3 1/2 hours drive to Amelia Island without any problem other than missing our exit, but hey, we were on our honeymoon so, no big deal.

We were a little early but our suite was ready, so we were able to check in. This has got to be the nicest room I have ever stayed in, without a doubt. It had not 1 but 2 flat screen TV's, a king size Tempurpedic bed, Jacuzzi Tub, the works. We had a great view of the ocean form our balcony and it took only a few minutes before we had the PBR's and vodka drinks in the cooler and hit the beach.

The water was nice and cool, and the waves were just right for some boogie boarding and soaking up the rays. After a few hours, it was time to get some food. Right on the beach was a cool little place called Sliders Seaside Bar and Grill. Live music, good food and cold drinks. After dinner we did some dancing and met Marty from Michigan, along with his wife Ann, and their 2 boys. Shots, shots, and more shots was the theme of the night, before we headed in for some much needed rest.

After breakfast, I went over to Awakenings Tattoo to set an appointment for my new 'C&R Time' tat. They were really nice folks, so I was set for the afternoon. Back to the beach. There were several guys surfing and Paul was kind enough to lend me his board for a bit. It took a few tries but I got the hang of it pretty quickly. Time flies when your having fun and we were having a BLAST. Before long, the time came for me to get my ink, so we headed in, grabbed a shower, and went to the shop. I was really impressed by the work Charlie did. Once he finished we headed into town for dinner at the Crab Trap.

Amelia Island is an old pirate hideout and it has a lot of history, so as we walked to the restaurant, we did some site seeing, and decided we would spend the next morning doing more of the same. Dinner was not bad, Renee had fried gator tail for first time, and we had a seafood casserole that was outstanding. We took a walk on the beach after dinner and ran into Marty again. We talked for a bit then parted ways so we could head in and catch the College World Series. The view of the game from the tub was just what I needed.

Site seeing, shopping, lunch and back to the beach, was pretty much how things went for the rest of our time. Before heading back to Atlanta, it was Renee's turn in the tattoo chair. We had a great time and I can't wait to get back SOON.

*Thanks to Amelia Island Hotel, Awakenings Tattoo Shop, The Crab Trap and Slider's Seaside Bar and Grill for making our stay so enjoyable.

**Part 3 The Reception will be posted later this week

1 comment: